Jan 17, 2010

A Blog Award.

Awww shucks!

Tinks from Along for the Ride has given me an award! WOOT!! I'm so proud!!

So.... I better show it off eh??

Photobucket

I'm so proud!

When one accepts an award it's polite to give a speech. But with this blog award, speeches are not expected - it's expected I name five things I love and nominate five blogs to receive the award. Sharing the love...

Ok so here goes:

1. I love my family.
I know it sounds like DUH Captain Obvious!!! But I do. I have such a beautiful life with such precious people. I have a husband who treats me so well, who never yells at me and treats me with such care and respect. I don't know many people who are as lucky to have someone who loves, honors, respects, cherishes and supports them. I have 3 wonderful children who fulfill me every single day - and even though I am exhausted most of the time, it's a good reason to be exhausted.

2. I love being creative.
This is the best gift God has given me, the ability to create. I love to quilt, sew, design, digi scrap, photography and most of all dream of all the things I want to do. I love to make others happy with this gift by giving them gifts I have created. I love to make something that no one else would have. Being creative makes me a very happy woman, and using this gift makes me even happier!

3. I love entertaining
I love having people in my home so I can serve them and bless them. I enjoy spending time with friends over a good meal and a bottle of wine. I love how wonderful each friend is and how much fun I have with them. I love trying new dishes out on friends, and amazing them with flavours and very naughty desserts.

4. I love my friends
I have such good friends in my life - ones that aren't there to suck me dry. The ones that give as much as they get. The ones that don't use and abuse me - and really love me for who I am not what they can get. I love the people that they are and how I can be totally relaxed and myself with them. I'm glad that they love me - even though I am a bit quirky and sometimes an opinionated git.

5. I love Christmas
What is it you call me Donna? The Christmas hornbag? I love Christmas. I love the decorations. I love the gift giving and making. I love creating amazing things for people. I love packaging up my best friend her parcel. I love wrapping up the boxes. I love the Christmas carols on Accuradio. I love thinking about Pops alot and knowing that he loved Christmas time, and he must be smiling down on us. I love the baking, the eating (not the waistline afterwards!) I love preparing a menu and making the meal special when I am hosting. But my most favourite part of Christmas - is my Mother in Laws Baking plate she gives us every single year. Talk about HEAVEN! Yum yum YUM!


So... passing on the love to blogs I think are very special.

1 Meaningless Meandering from a Madmother.
A blog of randomness - it can be clever and witty one minute and dark and deep the next. I'm glad I found this blog. It's great!

2. Sunnyside Fun.
- I've known Renata since I was 8 years old, and I just love reading about her home on a property, her home schooling her adorable kids, and her life in general. She also takes lovely photos of life around her.

3. Explore
I love the photography and the creative writing that is on this blog. Very raw and captures beautiful moments in her family life.

4. The Daily Grind
- I've taken a liking to this blog because someone else is on the same journey as I am. It's nice to be able to relate to someone who has a child with sensory difficulties.

5. In a Beautiful Pea Green Boat
This one is another one where random topics are talked about - and at least once in each entry I laugh. I like Alliecat's wit and style.


Congrats ladies!!

4 comments:

Madmother said...

Wow - thank you so much. From one who is deeply in awe of your creative talent, and ever so slightly lime green with envy of it...

Rachel from {explore} said...

Aww shucks, thanks! Thank you for your kind words on my little ole blog. xx

alliecat said...

Thanks! I actually have one fro you too, it's been sitting in drafts for ages, and I feel terrible as I told someone else the very same thing this morning! Check back with me tonight or tomorrow and it will be there, I promise!!!

Renata said...

Thanks so much!
I would love to be creative like you are, but enjoy most of the other things you mentioned.
(Also a Christmas junkie). Have a lovely day
Renata :)