Dec 18, 2008

A quiet moment - a rarity

I am sitting here, legs curled under me, like my Mum sits, Milly in bed, and the older two tikes out with their Dad buying my birthday present. The wind chimes are tinkling, the dishwasher humming and all is still. I've been deep in thought.

I'm at peace. My heart feels smooth again. My mind is quiet and calm. I don't feel like I will get anymore grey hairs this week.

It's been an interesting few weeks, and I believe yesterday was the big explosion. I don't really want to talk about it here, because it's unfair to those involved. A relationship had to end yesterday - and as sad as that it, my soul is at peace. I believe that for every thing there is a season and time for every purpose. That season is over for me now. But a new one is beginning.

Where will this new phase in my life take me? I turn 30 in a few days - and all of my friends tell me it's the best years of their life! Donna tells me it's the beginning of a new decade for me. I never saw it that way. So where will these next years take me? What will I be able to accomplish in these years? How can I serve God, my community and family? What will I acheive? What will I be?

I plan to rediscover myself in my 30th year. Who am I? Define Skipper. Emerge into my 30's confident and absolutely fabulous darling!

So the door of my 20's and the life I had in my 20's is closing. On Sunday a new door opens - into my 30's. There to walk with me are dear friends and family who are growing old with me. I am at the beginning of a decade, a fresh start!! I'm ready.

So on Sunday I won't be curling up in a ball and pretending it's not happening, I most certainly won't be having 30 candles on a cake, and I don't think I'll drink myself stupid... but I intend on embracing and "sucking it up" - because I am going to be 30 on Sunday, whether I like it or not. So may as well like it and make my life easier.

And it's now closing time at the shops, so I am going to get ready for the troops to arrive home and get on with things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you Skipper. Looking forward to all of the wonderful things that life has in stall for you and to all of those things you can achieve is such a beautiful outlook.

I hope you have a wonderful 30th birthday on Sunday. You so deserve it :)