Dec 12, 2008

How do you see yourself baby?

My big, long legged girl was sitting in front of me, chatting to me while I was doing her hair. I took just that little bit longer, to savour the moment. It isn't a school morning where everything is usually crazy. I brushed her soft hair and listened to her talk about the flowers in the bushes outside our bedroom window.

When she was done she stood up. When I am sitting on my bed, I am staring into her chest.

"Give your ol Mum a hug"
She threw her arms around my neck obligingly.

"I love you Mop. You are such a wonderful, special girl, did you know that?"

"Yep!" she replied confidently "That's because I am your special gift from God"

You got it, baby. You got it.

Now I need to remember that, not only in the nice times, and when you are being good and lovely but also during the times when you frustrate me, when you answer me back, when you argue with me, when you yell at me. I also need to remember that God has an evil sense of humour and gave me a girl who is exactly like me. HAHAH!!

You are so precious, Mop. One day soon I won't be doing your hair, because you are so insistent in learning to do it yourself. That special time will be gone... I need to make the most of it.

Awwww..

She just came in and said that she was going to help me "You need to rest Mummy!" Awwwwwwwww....

It's nice when she isn't in school - she isn't tired and moody. She's quite pleasant!!

No comments: