Feb 7, 2010

I am thankful.

I'm thankful.

I am thankful for the encouragement and kind words from friends who see my need and actually do something about it, instead of pretending it's not happening. I am not Superskipper. I am not Superwoman. I may be organised and capable, but I do crumble too and struggle. I do not always have it together and I am greatful for the friends in my life who actually recognise that and stand with me to hold me up while I get myself together.

Photobucket

I'm thankful for the friends who speak life and love into me - and are walking beside me through this journey. "You are doing a great job.", "Hang in there.", "I'm praying for you." - I can see who my true friends are - the ones who are now pouring into my life - as I have poured into theirs in the past.

I'm greatful for friends who don't make my life all about them - and try and compete to see who has it worse. I'm greatful for the people in my life who don't add their stories on top of my sharing - in the attitude of "I have it much worse than you." - even though they have no idea. I'm greatful for the friends who understand, who accomodate, who try to walk a mile in my shoes and then instead of just sympathising and saying "there there" - they actually DO something to try and help. Through this journey - it's apparent who really cares about me and who doesn't give a rats.

Photobucket

Today I got a letter in my mailbox. A kind card written by a dear lady and friend who is in our old church. In a nut shell she wrote such life giving words - pure encouragement and cheering us on. Also in her card, she enclosed a gift voucher for a clothing store - JUST FOR ME! On the front it said "Just for once, it's all about you!"

That was love and understanding - wrapped to fit in an envelope, but when it was opened it exploded all over the place, reaching the deepest part of my heart. I am greatful for that lady. I hope I can be as an amazing person as she is one day. I hope I can be an amazing friend - as she is to me.

Today I'm feeling a bit fragile. Hormones and life sometimes don't mix. Tomorrow I'll be better. But today I am going enjoy the love and kindness and just be happy and greatful I have so many incredible people around me who actually care.

... and tomorrow, I'm going shopping! :)

5 comments:

alliecat said...

What a lovely surprise. Hope the retail therapy is exactly what you need. xxx

Jen said...

What a wonderful gesture and what lovely friends you have surrounding you.

Anonymous said...

How lovely! Have an absolutely wonderful "you" time!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking over your blog
God bless you

Renata said...

Sorry you're feeling down. I think it's wonderful that you're not trying to be a super hero - I know that no one really is, but too many people pretend that they have it all together - it's great you're being real. What a wonderful gift - I hope you have fun spending it.
Have a lovely day
Renata :)