Nov 9, 2009

Kissing me softly..

Today I have been working on an assignment, pretty much non-stop. My little fairy girl approached about 2 hours in, and stood beside me. I took my eyes off the screen and looked down at her. Today she is running around in a nappy - it's too hot for clothes. Her big blue eyes stared into mine, and she lifted her arms up. I scooped her up and sat her on my lap. She looked at my assignment as if she was reading it. I kissed her shoulder - how soft her skin is!! I rubbed my face into her tummy, inhaling her baby smell and loving the feel of her soft skin on my face. I kissed her chubby cheeks. I nuzzled her neck. She pulled back and looked into my eyes, the twinkle in her eyes coming before her smile. "Silly Mummy!" she said almost affectionately. She slid off my legs and ran off to play with her big brother.

*Sigh*

She's growing so fast.
I miss her.
One day she isn't going to let me kiss her tummy and cheeks and rub my face into her. One day she will shove me away impatiently and exclaim she is too old for this. But for now, I am going to enjoy her baby skin and her little chuckles when I nuzzle her cheeks and tummy. Then I'll have to wait for Grandchildren to do it again!

Photobucket

No comments: