Nov 1, 2008

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Christmas time is beaut!!

I love this time of year. Seriously it's just so wonderful. It makes me so happy!!

Photobucket

First of all, I organised Secret Santa for a bunch of friends - and yesterday Sir E helped me by drawing names out of a hat. I know who I am buying for now and it's so exciting. I have a month to come up with some good stuff for her!! I love dreaming about what I could get her and how I could make it really creative. I can't say who it's for because she might read this blog, but I am so excited about it!!

Second of all, I'm excited because I love all the Christmas decorations that are going up everywhere. It's a tad earlier this year for some reason, but I have a whole month more to enjoy it! I love the corny christmas carols - mate I even listen to a Christmas radio station online for the entire month of December!!

Photobucket

Third of all I am excited because I love to give. I love to give gifts to my friends, family. Especially my Mum. I know it's a good gift when she bawls her eyes out. Can't talk much more about this, because I know Mum reads this blog occasionally! But I reckon this year will be a rip snorter of a howl. Perhaps I should enclose a hanky as part of the gift tag??

Fourth of all I just love making Christmas stuff. Gifts, cards, food. Mop was talking about all the special things that I make when it's christmastime and I must say it was very exciting to think that it's all upon us once again. I really need to finish my E-book so I can get on with it all!

I love, absolutely love Christmas.
When I was a kid, Christmas was soooo cool. We usually had it at Nanna and Pop's house. They lived in a cottage so it was crowded, snug but still great - especially when we were all there - aunts, uncles cousins etc. Nanna had all these old ornaments that she hung on the tree the night of my birthday. She popped the tree on the table, so gifts would all fit around it. The worst part of Christmas day was waiting. In fact that is a tradition I threw out the window with glee when I married - as soon as we woke up we did presents. When I was a kid, we had to wait until after lunch!!! OH THE AGONY!!!!

Roast chicken, roast veggies, steamed veggies, bread sauce and gravy for lunch and christmas pudding for dessert with custard. YUMM. Mum still does that for her Christmas dinners - she's hosting this year. I will probably move away from that - I like to make different stuff.

We are having Daz's rellies over for Christmas Eve and there are going to be sooooo many of them. ALL the cousins, aunts, uncles, second cousins... it's going to be soooo huge! So fun too. The cousins are mostly insane. I love them dearly! They are fun, they crack good jokes, they are loud, rowdy and I have been accepted as one of them. It's a good feeling to be friends as well as loved by your extended family. I just hope I don't get kissed all day. The worst thing about Daz's family as they all kiss me!! YUCCCKK!!! I am SO not a kissy person. Especially when a certain female family member has more facial hair than Ned Kelly. :) Ahem.. LOL

Photobucket

SO now... the most important part of Christmas.. my wishlist.
I'm not expecting much this year because we are only just turning a corner financially.. but this is what I would really love.

Perfume - Moonflower from the Body Shop.
Vegetarian cook book
All Saints DVD's.
Fabric to make quilts with (not for me, but still.. I'll enjoy it!!)
An overseas holiday. *snort* Not going to happen, but I can still wish!
Earrings and bling.


And considering it's my birthday 4 days before - I get a double whammy. I will be turning 30 this year. Shhhh... I plan to pretend it's not happening. I'll be busy doing a Christmas service in church... I won't be turning 30. It's not happening.. I'll stick my fingers in my ears and say LALALALA. Not turning 30.

When does midlife crisis time kick in?? I may just go and do something really radical... like... spend some time and money ON MYSELF!! Now that would be radical!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I got so excited reading that lol. I am so looking forward to making my SS persons gifts. It's not fair, you know who mine is! hahaha.