May 30, 2006


Well what an utterly EXHAUSTING weekend! We spent it in Perth. We left Adelaide mid afternoon and the kids were excellent. Caitlin didn't even get worried when we were taking off. Mum and I were holding hands, she was crying, and I was yabbering about happy memories, trying to keep both our minds off the terror we were feeling. Elijah slept through the whole taking off thing, so he wasn't phased.
We went to Perth and lived a very confusing weekend! We decided to stick to Adelaide times regarding the kids routines. It was just too hard to change it then change back 2 days later. So they went to bed 6oclock Perth time, but 7:30 Adelaide time. Mop woke up in the middle of the night, and thought that it would be a good time to play with Nanny (my Mum) Mum couldn't stop laughing at her, and so when I went in, they were both bright eyed and busy tailed. Caitlin drank and drank untill she vommited. So we were changing sheets and clothes. Then we put Mop back to bed, and Mum dozed on teh couch while i fed Elijah. I couldn't sleep, so when it was time to get up 6am Perth time, I was throwing up and my irritable bowel had kicked in. I had vertigo and was generally unwell. Oh well....
We went to AqWA World or something like that and it was just wonderful. It's a huge aquarium where you get to see some awesome life that you wouldn't normally sea since it's under the ocean. Sharks swam over my head, I petted a very friendly sting ray and handled some awesome sea creatures.
We then had the wedding to go to, the whole reason we were actually in Perth. Never in my LIFE have I seen a bride rock up early to her own wedding. We were running late since we weren't familiar with the area and got totally lost! We arrived to the ceremony and it was half over!! Never mind, it was beautiful what I did see... But when we got back to the carpark, our rental car had been broken into! NOT HAPPY JAN! Scumbags!! They must have been disturbed because our digi camera was still in the seat compartment thingy...
The reception was lovely - even if I did sit across from the most opinionated, snobby aroggant KING! The idiot thought Playboy was intellectual... need I say more? I sat next to a lovely lady - Leah her name was!! Same as mine!! Anyway she was interested in the English Monarchy - especially Queen Elizabeth 1 and King Henry IIV as well!! How stoked was I? So we had a few things to talk about. Her hubby is a Port Adelaide supporter, just like me and he was an outback country guy so we had some things in common.
The speeches were flawless and touching. The food BEA-UUU-TIFUL!! The reception was in a restraunt on the docks of fremantle. We were seated where we could see the clear waters and all the lovely yachts. I was exhasuted at the end, nad because we were still on SA time, we were there till gone 1am... and considering how much sleep I didn't get the night before... i was shattered!!
The next day Mum and I went down the main mall and was utterly disgusted that Sunday trading in teh WA starts at midday!!! WHAT THE?? So we had coffee while Daz went to a brunch the bride and groom were holding to show off teh kids.
We then went to a lovely park - Kings Park. Where there was excellent equipment for little ones and a great cafe where we had lunch.
Then we headed off to the airport, where a little tired Elijah screamed and screamed. 10 minutes before we boarded teh plane, he fell asleep.
We had to wake him because the pram had to be loaded onto the plane. We boarded and started to feed him. Then we had to endure teh whole taking off thing all over again. It was a bit rougher because of the clouds... but we survived. Mum cried again and I crapped on about Katherine, NT.
Elijah screamed and screamed after his feed. Overtired and grouchy. But as soon as an airhostess took him (I nearly threw him to her!!) he shut up and was happy as larry, flirting with the girls and being oh so charming. At least I got to eat my dinner.... I was in tears though. Mum was sympathetic.. Little turd! I probably looked like an incompetent mother!!
When I got him back, he went to sleep on the seat next to me and Mum and I chatted some more. Then the awful descent began. I swear my stomach dropped and seeing the plane go down on an angle... I was praying "Dear God, dont make THIS QUANTAS plane be the first one to crash."
I hated landing at Adelaide Airport int eh dark. I hate not seeing much. I hate flying. Thankgoodness we can't afford to fly much and do more driving holidays. If I never fly again, I won't miss it!

Anyway it was a late night, the kids and Daz and I got to bed about 1am. The kids slept in of course the next day and I was pleased about that!

My next question is... WHO is reading my BLOG? I thought only Jo and Daz read it!! I put a counter on my BLOG yesterday and today there are 6 visitors already!! WHO??

Speak up!! Make yourself known!! :)
Not that I care that you read it... I am surprised actually, with all my dribble. It's a wonder you lot aren't bored to tears!

1 comment:

Gab said...

Hi Skip,
I found your blog from your msn name on msgr... remember me? Gab from Brissie? Good to see you have another munchkin now and far out about yet another terrifying birth experience!
I've got another babe too - so Julian is 3 in July and my daughter Te Aroha was 1 in January just gone :-)
So I make one, don't know who the other lurkers are!