Jan 4, 2009

Tagged - When I was a kid.

The lovely Donna has tagged me -

I want to know, where were you and what were you doing when you were 17?? Tell me all (and your readers) about who you were back then. Have you changed? Did you have any idea what was in store for you? Oh and....I want to see a pic!!


Well I don't have any pics of me at 17 - here's me at 21 instead.

Photobucket

Urk 17. Those are the years I would rather forget.

What was I doing at 17? Well...

I was probably being an abusive cow to my Mum, screaming my angry little heart out at Dad, showing my brothers by example just how screwed up a person can get. I was bitter, I was hurting, I was extremely angry and abusive. I was nothing like I am today.

I hated me at 17. But thankfully God loved me. It's only by the Grace of God I am here, and completely different. Because it isn't by my strength that I was able to pull myself out of that, but because God carried me. God loved me just as I was, nasty, bitter, hateful and all. When I was 17 - the last part of that year, was when I started to turn around and become the person I am today.

I don't really want to talk about what I was doing and who I was. I am ashamed of that person. I can't believe such a person existed.

Because of the emotional trauma - I don't remember really what I did in day to day life, when I was 17. I remember who I was though - I will never forget that. But I don't remember my day to day life.
I was in year 12. I barely remember any of it.
I remember scratching a boy who was harrassing me, on his forearm and making him bleed. He tried to touch me - he never tried again! LOL!! I remember a lovely boy in my class coming to my rescue, and we would pretend we were an item so I wouldn't be harassed by this other guy anymore. It worked like a charm. :) We actually became good friends. I kind of wish I knew how to contact him. I would love to know what he is up to today.

I remember my English teacher. He was so encouraging and he was such a good teacher. I loved his classes. I never felt insecure by my opinions on the literature in his class. I felt like my thoughts mattered. I wish I knew how to contact him too... I would like to thank him. He was a good man.

I had no idea what life had in store for me at 17. I don't think I had thought past the day I was trying to live through. Future thinking wasn't what I did then. Weird because now I am the complete opposite. I plan everything!!

I think for me the age of 17 was a matter of surviving.


Now aren't you glad you know all that about me? LOL


Now... to pass it on.
If you read this blog, I am tagging you!! Make sure you send me a link to your blog so I can read about you. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Skip, wow. Thankyou. I know you didn't want to say too much of who you were at 17 but those life lessons, as hard and as heartbreaking as they are, shape us into the people we are today.

And you my friend have been shaped perfectly :)