Oct 2, 2007

BINGO!


Whoever thought old cooling cream for the feet would be the breakthrough that we needed?? Say what??
Mop has had issues for ever about telling us when she has been hurt or hurt herself. She goes into complete denial and even though she could be seriously hurt, she will deny she is hurt and just cry and say "NO NO! I am fine!" It's frustrating because it was like getting blood from a stone - she would not tell me what happened, what hurt and I would find the bruise/cut/graze when she got into the bath.

Yesterday while at the shops she fell over the pram and she was crying - obviously in pain. She wouldn't tell me or Mum what hurt and if she even was hurt. I had a brainwave, I got out the "Magic cream" and asked her if she would like me to put some "Magic Cream" on her ouchies. She lifted her shirt immediately to have the cream put on to reveal her graze - it took less than a minute to find out where she was hurt - instead of from 10 minutes to 3 hours!! I tried it again last night when she stubbed her foot - 10 seconds and I found out where she was hurt and what happened! This is really amazing - this morning she didn't realise the screen door was half shut and bashed into it - out came the magic cream and she immediately showed me her graze.

Now why you ask is this so important? Her teachers have had a few chats with me over the last term and expressed their concern that she denies everything and refuses to accept help. It also makes her a prime target for bullying. I have been racking my brains trying to find the solution, trying to get her to talk to us about it. (It's not like we are totally unapproachable either!) But the magic cream seems to be the answer. So I will be buying some shimmer lotion or something equally magical looking, relabel it as "Magic Cream" and give it to the teachers. I have some in my hand bag and on my dressing table. Mum will make something up too so all her places of care will know that she will talk if you have the magic cream! LOL

E went to sleep in his big boy bed today - yesterday he slept there, but didn't fall asleep in there. He was already asleep when I put him in. Today he actually fell asleep. He did really well.... so now we will be offering him a choice - the cot or the big boy bed for night times, and big boy bed only during the day.

2 comments:

Soph said...

YAY!! Good old magic cream is a lifesaver! We adapt it to cover nightmares and worries as well - we have special spray to scare off any bad 'monsters' and even 'bravery cream' for those extra hard times - like needles ;-) Sounds like you are on a winner there!!

(In case you were wondering I am an EB'er ;-) )

Skipper said...

Hmm might have to nick the special spray for nighttime. Mop is having issues with the dark too.