Aug 14, 2006

Two milestones in 2 days!

Woah boy! Slow down!! Your Mama is having a hard time keeping up with it all.

Okay so for the last week Elijah has been a right royal snot. Grumping, biting things, dribbling enough to fill the kettle... per day!! Mum said "He's teething" I was half thinking it was his immunisations, which he had on Wednesday. He had a slight fever and red butt today... and I peered into his mouth, looking for a sign that the week of being in a foul mood wasn't in vain.
And there I see two little white lines, just at the surface of his gums.
He was really happy for most of the day today, then at 4pm, the banshee returned. He was NOT happy. He wanted Daddy... then as soon as Daddy held him, he screamed again. He was just not a happy camper. Poor little man. DOH! I forgot to give him Panadol tonight.... I hope he manages to get a good nights sleep...

So he is on the verge of getting his first 2 teeth!

Second milestone. On Sunday he started sitting up on his own. It's funny, on Saturday, he would slump forward, and not even bother holding himself up. Sunday, he decided to do it. He can sit for a few minutes at a time, then he topples over... usually because he is grabbing his feet and trying to bring them to his mouth. That is funny to watch.... until he falls the opposite direction you expect and he hits his face on the annoying Elmo toy.

Saturday afternoon we met up with Pete, Deb, Steve and Dad for a picnic at Freemont Park. What a GLORIOUS day! We played croquet which was VERY fun. I can't wait to play that again. We munched on egg sambos and Kettle chips - which Mop choked on, and was bawling her eyes out for ages afterwards. Poor little mite.

Sunday I worship lead in church. It went really well.
Aunty told me about a 6 week course that is being run to help in public speaking and preparing sermons and stuff like that. I have been asked if I want to go along. I said yes straight off. I can't wait for that to start.

Craft update - still trying to experiment and get better at digital scrapbooking which I am really enjoying.
I am working on two altered canvases for our rumpus room. The freshly painted walls are looking a tad bare, so I am going to put some of my own art on the walls. Make it look like I live there.
I am also thinking about starting Christmas presents for this year. I am making Nanna an altered tin. So I should get onto that.

I don't know if I told you this last entry, but on Wednesday I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritus. I need to see a rheumatologist to assess how aggressive it is (because of my family history) and to perscribe some medication and whatever therapy I need. I hope it can be treated easily, because I am sick of not being able to do any exercise. I am getting very fat, because it's too painful to go for brisk walks. If I do go walking I have to walk on soft surfaces... very inconvenient! It's impossible to walk 2 kms on a matress!! :)
Ah well, Little Nan had it, Mum has it, my cousin Jude has it (quite aggressively and she is younger than me!) and now I have it. Darn genes...

Speaking of superior genes, Mum gave Mop my baby album the other day to look at and I was almost having a heart attack, looking at me at 6 months old. Poor old Elijah looks EXACTLY like me - without the pink dress of course. Mum pointed to the picture and asked Mop "Whose that?"
"Elijah" was her answer
Mum pointed to 4 year old me, strawberry blonde curls, looking exactly like Mop.
"Whose that?" she asked
"Me!" Mop replied.

Out of the mouths of babes....

Poor Daz!

Well I better feed the dog, she is barking at the door and thumping about in her kennel meaningfully. Oh and I hear her whines and sighs of "I am a poor starved dog, take pity on me."

No comments: