Jan 23, 2011

Girly bonding

A few days ago I announced to the girls that it was hair-cut time in preparation for the new school year. Mop was excited and complained of her hair making her hot and being too heavy. I understand - her hair is super super thick, and when it gets too long it gives her headaches. So I asked her what she wanted. She said she wanted her hair cut up to her ears and a fringe. I negotiated and said "How bout up to your shoulders first? And if you want it shorter after that, we will do it. Once it's cut, it's done - and if you didn't like it it would be too late to do anything about it."

This is the results:

Photobucket

She loves the length and loves the fringe. She looks so different and so grown up.

Then it was Milly's turn. I just cut an inch off her hair and gave her a fringe too. Her hair is very fine and there isn't much of it, so she can rock the long hair look.

This is the results:
Photobucket

The girls had so much fun together, getting a new look and laughing together being girly.

I marvel at my girls: they may be 4 1/2 years apart, but are close, and love each other to bits.

Photobucket

No comments: