Feb 22, 2009

Update...

Well it's been pretty nutty in the Skipper household. Let's see, what's been happening.

Mop has launched into the 09 school year with gusto and enthusiasm. She has been doing After School Sports once a week and she comes home very exhausted after that. She also has started piano lessons. She loves them and she is very excited about it. She enjoys school very much and has some friends she likes to play with. One thing that happened though, I am not thrilled about, is that she was excluded from playing with some girls, because she didn't have blonde hair. Oh well... she was upset, but she focused on the positive, which is that Abby played with her, and she doesn't care what color our hair is. :)

E has settled into kindy nicely. He loves it, though he is a bit reluctant for me to leave him, and he is always happy to see me. I'm not sure what he does all day long, but he always has lovely days, according to his teachers. Apparently he is getting involved socially as well, which is a relief to me. He gets in with the boys and mucks around with them. When we have had groups of people here at the house, he goes and hides in corners. So I am really pleased that he is evolving into a social little man.

Milly is running around at alarming speeds. She is growing up so quickly, it's so sad. She is saying alot more now. When you ask her where her nose is, she points to it.... well... up it... and says "noes" - she has a few other words she says as well. "Yummy" is the most useful, because that means she is hungry.

I started studying last week. My first two subjects are Study Techniques and Creative Living. I started to freak out at the amount of assignments that were dished out at the beginning, but when I pace myself, I'll be able to get them done. I have to comment after every lecture as part of assesment on the forums, and sometimes I feel out of my league. You can tell who have been doing tertiary education for ages, and know their stuff... then there are a few like me who are using the language of newbies! LOL

We are starting to make plans for our annual trek to Bec and Nick's in QLD. We are also planning a weekend getaway with some friends. We all work very hard at what we do, so it will be good to chillax together.

I am not well at the moment. I have some sort of infection in my lungs and it has effected my voice and throat. I sound awful. Thankfully my voice died last night and not yesterday morning. I was preaching in church and though I struggled a bit, my voice held out! :)

I have lots of creative projects on the go and have been enjoying working on them. If you want to know more about them, then you can check out Creative Expressions (my craft blog).

Here are some recent pics of the kids:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: