Sep 13, 2007

Call me the worst mother in the world but.....

.. I am just evil - call me Skipper de Evile.

Today E snuck into the lounge (where he KNOWS he isn't allowed to be) and started playing with the stereo (which he KNOWS he isn't allowed to play with). He turned the volume knob up to deafening, and then decided to turn the radio on. AM. Where it was just buzzing and humming - no voices or anything....

And it scared the absolute gajeebers out of him. I heard the noise then sounds of panic, followed by screams of terror. I ran to that end of the house and grabbed him into a hug, and quickly switched it off.
"There there. It's ok. Mummy fixed it..." I tried to console, while he wailed into my neck.... and the evil Skipper came out... and I couldn't stop laughing at him. I thought his panic and terror was utterly hillarious. That will teach him for sure....... but I just couldn't stop laughing at him. I hugged him tight and stroked his head - and tried to swallow my laughs. Poor little kid. He was a bit wussy for about 10 minutes and I just cuddled him and thought the whole thing to be very funny.

Tonight Skipper de Evile came out again. It was the kids bedtime. I told E come to bed - and he ran into the living room, screaming his lungs out in what had to be the almightiest tantie I have ever heard. I took his star that he was playing with off him and put it in his room - I thought that would make him follow me, but nooooo... he was still throwing himself on the couch and floor (owww) and screaming like a banshee. I sat on a footstool in his room and sighed.... then I was overcome with giggles. What a drama queen we have on our hands!! I couldn't stop laughing at him. I went into the rumpus room and cornered him, and he looked at me and stopped screaming and just lifted his arms to be picked up. Funny boy!!!

So in the heat of trouble and heart of distress what can you rely on me to do? Laugh my head off!

He has special people in his life - and we discovered that a lady in our church is one of them. She is a dear sweet soul, Marleen. She helps us so much with our kids - she is an honorary Aunt. She walked out the back where the kids were being cared for during service, and E saw her. He let out a cry and dropped his apple and ran to her. She stooped down with her arms open and he threw himself into her arms and had a big cuddle. Marleen washed his apple off and gave it back to him, and he toddled off to play again. Funny boy.

Bec and Nick are down from Brisbane this week and they came to church. It took Mop a while, but when she spotted them, it was a huge NIIIIICK!!! BEEEEC!!! She was stoked. So were we! It was the first time we were introduced to their handsome little man - Zac. He's so beautiful and I got a smile within seconds of having my first chat to him. My goodness he looks like Bec's Dad though!!

E's language and understanding is coming along nicely which is wonderful. Here are some snippets:

"Let go!" (when I was holding his hand so he wouldn't run off to Daddy who was driving off to work)

"Teeth" for brushing teeth

"DADDY! Nanny's!" - (Daddy, it's time for you to take me to Nanny's house)

"Byebye. Seeya."

I think that will do for now. So byebye! Seeya!

No comments: