May 20, 2010

Gently strolling through life....

Since our high level dramas of our holiday, life has been so quiet, slow and moving along at a pace that I like. So what's been happening in our family?

All three kids and Daz got a cold. Mop and E sounded croupy, Milly and Daz got over it relatively quickly. Alright!! I'm praying I don't get it. I hate colds. Make me feel completely and utterly miserable.

Our car came home! FINALLY! On Tuesday Daz went to the wreckers to pick up - a nice trip to the south of the city (1 1/4 hour drive) and when he started driving it away, oil was leaking out.... so it had to stay there. The wreckers dropped it off yesterday. So now that is done with.... once we recover from the huge financial blow. :S Once that has happened, that little baby is going on the market and we can get rid of her forever.

Mop is doing well in school and in general. We've had some issues with her not sleeping. She always seems tired and slow in the mornings, so I did a bit of reading. Looks like our girl is like her Mummy and dislikes exercise. So no more reading and playing leggo all the time after school - I'm kicking her outside in the fresh air and to play more physically demanding activities and see if that makes a difference.

EJ is slowly coming back to the place that he was before holiday. He isn't so hostile, volatile and aggressive now which is a relief. We are wanting to buy him a wetsuit for swimming in the pool in winter to really give him the sensory diet he needs. Will do that as soon as we can.

Milly is doing splendidly. Her talking is coming along in leaps and bounds and her understanding of things amazes me! The other day we were shopping and I gave her a ball of sting I was going to buy, to hold. She inspected it... then she said "Mummy, this is 2 monies." I stared at her... eh??? "This is 2 money!" she repeated, then pointed to the price ticket that said $2.00. I was very surprised since I had never talked about prices or money to her. I'm impressed - especially since she is only 2 years old! :)

I've been working so hard at my assignments that are due in the next 2 weeks - all 4 of them. I knocked the major essay on the head this week, I have started the other one and one is due today, which I need to actually start. Don't worry... it's an easy one - one question that I reckon I can wing! To be honest I'll be glad when this subject is over - the lecturer's teaching style does my head in.

We've been busy in our social life too which is really nice. Hanging out with different friends and just enjoying good company.

Mother's Day came and went. I had a lovely day. Got totally loved on by the kids - Mop kept making me things all day long. :) Daz spoiled me as well and waited on me hand and foot. :) A girl could get used to that!!

And right now I have a laundry full of washing that I need to tackle - so I better scram! :)
xxxx

1 comment:

Renata said...

I'm glad you're going well - I think you deserve life to be a bit calmer after that holiday!
Glad you got your car back - hope it goes well now.
Hope you got that assignment done - Have a lovely week
Renata:)