Feb 28, 2008

The A-Z of me part 3

D is for

Daz
The love of my life, my sweetheart, first love, first committed relationship and other firsts which I won’t go into here.
We met while I was doing a make-up job for a musical “Two From Galilee” – he was in the chorus. I don’t really remember the first time I laid eyes on him, but I certainly remember when he caught my attention. How could I possibly not see a hunky man who stipped his costume off while wearing bright red jocks?? I mean it was like a flag for a bull. Hello honey, over here. YOOHOO!!! I saw him. I didn’t know where to look, and I felt a blush creep over me…. But that sight of him was burned into my brain for all time. Now I get that picture on a daily basis!
I can’t remember the first time we talked, all I remember is that we did talk and got on very well. From then on we were friends – for 8 long months we developed a really good friendship – both of us wanting more, but wondering if the other felt the same way. August 8th 1998 I finally had enough of wondering and outright asked. He was relieved, and he finished the job – we were an item! 2 years later we were engaged and a year later we were married.
Daz is a handsome hunk of man. Tall, dark, lean, has incredible legs and hips, oh and his shoulders – well… they are biteable.. don’t ask. When he really smiles his whole face lights up. He has a cheeky laugh which sounds a bit like Ernie’s laugh – no kidding. He has a chuckle, which I hear often and on very very rare occasions, he has a big laugh. I love his big laugh.
Daz is the most patient man I can think of – when it comes to me. The poor man probably has to put up with a great deal, yet he is so patient with me. He doesn’t fight with me – he refuses to in fact. He doesn’t think it’s necessary. So we discuss things like rational human beings when we have “issues” – I have never been in a screaming match with him. I have yelled at him, told him off, spouted off – but he doesn’t respond to that. It’s great!!
He’s also a very intelligent dude. He knows lots, and is pretty cluey about technology and all that. But when it comes to cars, repairing things around the house, plumbing etc…. he has no clue. That’s ok, we can’t all be good at everything. Besides, I am glad he is not a tinkerer in the car – I don’t have rough, huge fat stubby “work hands” with grease under the fingernails touching me. I have smooth, long slender fingers that are clean and neat. Just the way I like them.
He is my complete oppostite. He works slowly on things, I get them done quickly and efficiently. He finishes what he starts – I struggle to do so. I am firey, quick tempered, outgoing and he is cool, calm and reserved. How on earth he fell in love with me, I will never know. But he did…. SUCKER!! J

D is for Domestic Guru
I am one. I can turn a house that is cluttered, dirty and disorganised into a clean, tidy and organised home – if I am given free reign that is. I have helped lots of people get their homes and lives into gear and offer advice on my website – the things that have helped me or things I have learned.
I love to experiment with different methods of cleaning and report on them. I would love to know what works and what doesn’t. And why should everyone do these tests eh?
I am proud of my website and hope one day it will be huge – full of information that will help people spend less time cleaning and more time on the more important things in life!!
And for those who have no idea where to find it http://www.domesticguru.com

No comments: